年初一
Monday, January 26, 2009
As usual, first day of CNY, we woke up pretty early to prepare ourselves, get dressed Red (if possible, this is according to Chinese belief that red color could scare away evil spirits and bad fortune.)
Well, this year I get dressed all in red, red color dress, red color shoes, red color nails with gold accessories. =)
Well, first day of CNY (年初一) is also my birthday during the lunar month/calendar (正月). I don't receive any gifts for my birthday but I receive money !!!!! I always have double angpao from each relatives during first day of CNY. Good isn't it? But it was tiring, boring or perhaps lonely when my mom gave birth to me?
Haha... is getting late right now. I'd opened all the angpao that I'd received today =P Guess how much I got?
Ta-da :
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I had RM 345.oo !!!!! Not so much this year. Recession Time !

1 feelings:
hey u, i was in shock after reading this. i didnt know that u born the first day of chinese new year in the lunar calendar? Me too! i was born first day lunar of cny too. wowww..what a coincidence. i am very happy to know that. happy birthday for both of us :) now i know who to share with. i celebrate my birthday this afternoon at my god sisters place. they made me carrot cake. quite nice though. :). no cny celebration this as their father/my god father just past away last week. so ang pao out of the quetion. normally i get 9 ang pao every year but not this year. but one of the sister gave me one shirt for present though. hehe.. this year very boring...lion dance are scarce..hardly seen one. and even very quite. worst as u see the night market...all philipino selling goodies. i wonder where the chinese? however, only in sabah i guess..as soon turn midnight all hell comes..burning fire cracker all around housing area until all there turf becomes red carpet. funny part is i found out 4 police car washing at my neighbourhood. the policeman even listen and watching the fire works. good for them not arresting any body...hehe
Post a Comment