My recent trip to REP

Tuesday, May 6, 2008


Just got all the pictures took in Cambodia from my dear. Yeah, this is our first trip =) I remembered before we got together, he did ask me whether or not he will bring me to a trip, I answered "I don't know, but even though you don't, I can travel on my own as I like to travel"....

After 02 months relationship, there was a night, we were going for movie at One Utama, and he asked : "Baby, let's go on a holiday!" I'm very happy indeed but I didn't show much of my happiness toward him and answered : "where and when do you want to go?" "Langkawi? We could take a flight there? Nope.. that's too near... errmm... let's go to AngkorWat then... we could travel in the month of April?" "Well, let's check out the airfare/accommodation and etc then we shall decide..." At last, we'd decided to go Angkor Wat... I asked him, why are you bringing me for trip? He said he sayang me wor, that's why he bought me this trip. :P
Well, time flies, and we travelled to Angkor Wat and now back ! A good trip, because I travelled with my dearest, and enjoyed so much so when we were in Cambodia. Peoples there are friendly, foods are variety, and it's just that the weather in Cambodia is too hot and humid! Once you get out from the hotel, you will start sweating.. Well, April is the hottest months throughout the year, also known as their summer.


sunrise

Upon arrival, we got a pick-up arrangement by the hotel. And our driver, he can speak English fluently and start introduce his country to us, and he has already planned the itinerary for us and wanted to bring us around! Well, we agreed and he earned USD25 for transportation fees. Not so bad, he brought us to Tonle Sap Lake, a huge dumbbell-shaped body of the water stretching across the northwest section of the country. And Tonle Sap Lake is the largest fresh water lake in South East Asia, also the richest fishing lake in the world. Home to over 5000 peoples. And we paid USD19 per person for the boat ride.


the river


cambodian's lifestyle


Tonle Sap Lake as my background

Soon after we'd visited Tonle Sap Lake, we went for lunch at Old Market and then check-in hotel. We stayed at Radius International Hotel.. it's kind old hotel but overall is okay... as long as we got our lodging. We rest awhile before going out to Cambodia Cultural Village. The entrance fees kinda expensive thou', it's USD9 per person for nothing special.. i would discourage you to go, because it is too crowded, full of Cambodian as they get in for free. Cambodian just like to hang out there under the hot sun, I'm just do not know why...


palace in miniature at Cambodian's Cultural Village

We went for dinner at one of the Khmer restaurant nearby our hotel, the environment is cozy and the foods are nice. I would strongly recommend you to eat with reasonable price! We walked a bit before we get back to hotel... there goes our 1st day...


Danmak Khmer Restaurant

2nd day, we went for Angkor Wat by tuk-tuk, and the transportation fees is USD15 for the day, as the tuk-tuk driver will have to bring us around, from one temple to another. That's cheaper than the 1st day. I couldn't remember how many temples we went.. we do skipped some of the temples as my dear just too afraid of height and the stairs are too steep. And of course, the most famous temple (except Angkor Wat) is the Ta Prohm (also known as The Tomb Raider), unrestored, massive fig and silk cotton trees grow from the towers and corridors offering a 'jungle atmosphere' and 'tree in temple' at Angkor.


Cambodian kids


Me


Angkor Wat


Angkor Wat


The city gate of Angkor Thom


the Bayon's smiling faces


Baby & I at Ta Keo


steep staircase at Ta Keo


my dear just too afraid to climb down,
that's why he was hugging the pillar


Ta Keo was constructed on three levels with stairways
on the principal axes, topped by a quincunx of towers.


Ta Prohm

It's tiring walking under the hot sun, and we didn't put on sun-block lotion either. That's why both us look so tanned. Nevertheless, the trip to Angkor Wat is the best one i would say.. it's just USD20 for a day trip pass, and you can walk all temples you can. Unfortunately we couldn't make it all as we are too tired of walking. At least we have visited Angkor Wat and Ta Prohm aka 'Tomb Raider Tree'. =)


Our entrance pass

We had shower before walking to Old Market for dinner. And we went for a massage center to have body & leg massage for an hour just for USD7.. quite cheap! Because my dear couldn't walk back to hotel already... most probably we walked too much! The whole day we were just walking here and there. Enjoyed the massage so much so until we both fell asleep, as the environment there is just nice with some fragrance and the lights are dimmed. After the one hour massage, we walked back to the hotel, slept well also.
Basically, we didn't do anything much on 3rd day. After breakfast, we rented a bicycle just for USD1 for the whole day... and we cycled around the town! Awesome! And I never think that I would cycle outside my country but I did it with my dear! It has been more than 10 years I didn't cycle, somehow it's hard to balance myself..hehehehe But overall, it's okay and as long as didn't hit by car or whatsoever. Lolz.....

We walked around the old market, and tried the lotus seed for 2000 Riel.. It's nice and you can hardly find in Malaysia. On the 3rd day itself--13 April 2008, it's Cambodian Public Holiday, aka Khmer New Year. You can find the ritual thingy right in front of every hotel/guest house or house... Not so much of the celebration in town, and we were told all the celebration is held at the Cultural Village which we went on 1st day. 3rd day is also the last day we were in SiemReap. We rested earlier as we gonna catch our next day early morning flight back to Malaysia...


Old Market's Street


Lotus seeds


Khmer New Year-ritual thingy


Me at Siem Reap International Airport

After check-in our flight and paid the departure tax of USD25 per person, we went outside to snap some pictures before we leave this beautiful country... The total flight time is 02 hours. we both didn't really sleep.... and still thinking the trip... ;) It's nice and memorable trip, and I didn't expect my dear would bring me for a trip so soon... Thanks baby!


Baby & I


South China Sea-reaching Malaysia =)

0 feelings: